Posts tagged MCAT
Posts tagged MCAT
Match the Following event with their corresponding locations:
2. Pyruvate to Acetyl-CoA
4. TCA (Citric Acid)
5. Electron Transpot Chain (ETC)
A. Mitochondrial Matrix
C. Inner Mitochondrial Membrane
What you got?
1. Which of the following statements about enzyme kinetics is FALSE?
A. An increase in the substrate concentration leads to proportional increase in the rate of the reaction.
B. Most Enzymes operating in the human body work best at temp of 37 degrees C.
C. An enzyme-substrate complex can either form a product of dissociate back into the enzyme and substrate.
D. Maximal activity of many human enzymes occurs around pH 7.2
2. Some Enzymes require the presence of a non-protein molecule to behave catalytically. An enzyme devoid of this molecule is called a(n).
Anyone for more?
Good job to those of you that answered F to that last question. If you didn’t get the answer just remember that the cell membrane is comprised of phopholipids that have a hydrophilic (polar) head and a hydrophobic (non-polar)
This one may seem simple to some, be ready i got some more brain busters coming up.
The next question pertains to Enzymes:
By adding more substrate which of these effects are counteracted?
A. Competitive Inhibition
B. Non-Competitive Inhibition
C. All of the Above
What do you think?
Some molecules require help to cross the cellular membrane. depending on the molecule they will require energy, other molecules to help or sometimes nothing. what types of molecules cross through facilitated diffusion?
a. large, polar molecules
b. small, non-polar molecules
c. charged, small molecules/atoms
d. All of the above
e. a and b
f. a and c
what do you think?
* - Rough ER has Ribosomes “docked” to it and it synthesizing proteins into it; Smooth ER does not.
** - Peroxisomes create hydrogen peroxide to break down fats, glyozysomes convert fats to usable sugars in seed germination.
*** - Not found in plant cells.
I just setup a Info page and common FAQ, If anyone has any suggestions or something they want one there let me know. Also I just allowed you (the followers) to submit something for me to post, again check that out.
Lastly I’m still up and coming so let your friends and followers know about me. I’m pretty good at returning the favor, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.
Send them Here!
I thought i might hit you with some Organic chem. Try these few of for size.
1. Rank the following from least to most energy: s, p, d, f.
2. What is the hybridization of the Be atom in BeH2?
3. What is the product of 1 mole of diethyl ether with excess hydrobromic acid? (Hint: Diethyl ether ((C2H5)2O), Hydrobromic acid (HBr))
1. What does polycistronic mRNA do?
2. In a single strand of nucleic acid, nucleotides are linked by…
3. In the DNA of a fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) 20% of the bases are cytosines. What percent are adenines?
Bonus question to be posted soon.
What is the [H+] of a 2 M aqueous solution of a weak acid “HXO2” with a Ka = 3.2x105?
What is the pH of a solution containing 5 mM of H2SO4?
What is the approximate gram equivalent weight of phosphoric acid?
(Note: remember these are simplified to be able to do without a calculator.)