Science is a huge part of becoming a doctor (that and networking). when your in a science course sometimes it can be hard to grasp concepts that don’t directly relate to what you are interested in. Things like what you need to understand the concept of orbitals in gen chem, or the metabolic system of plants. So i came up with a few ways to stay interested.
1. Find a pattern or correlation, this doesn’t have to be perfect even a stretch is well worth it.
2. memorize something everyday. whether or not it pertains to you topic your struggling with memorization can help with everyday activities. (ex. why a snowflake has its specific shape)
3. find article that make what your learning directly connected and ask yourself why. even if it is something from the national enquirer, always ask why/how.
4. Lastly have a friend. nothing makes your classes more exciting than having someone to talk to about what you learned as well as continue your learning by asking why (#2 :P) from a standpoint you haven’t thought about
5. Keep your eyes on the prize.
There comes a day in every man’s life when he must poop in a litterbox to prove a point.
Take this to the grave. Nothing about medical school today. Just Jeep studying, then study some more.
Happy Valentines day… With all my heart, and my aorta too…
How you make me gush for you,
I suck at haiku’s